McAfee Activation by a Retail Card in Easy Steps at McAfee.com/activate
McAfee is an antivirus which detects and blocks malware when you visit any websites, download stuff, and transfer data. McAfee software cannot be used with other antivirus software’s that are already installed on your system; you have to uninstall that software first from your system. Create an account on McAfee website at mcafee.com/activate and then go through the downloading, installing and activating the process. This antivirus protects all your system data and scans to identify if there is any malware in your files. McAfee will work properly when you update it daily. This makes your system to work faster by detecting all the damaging and malicious content from the system.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee
It is highly advised to install any antivirus in your system; it will provide the system protection from malware. In case you don’t like to install another McAfee program, then click on the uninstall button to remove the older McAfee software from the system. Follow the steps listed below:
- Press the “Start” tab.
- After that, click “Control Panel.”
- Double-click “Add or Remove” the programs.
- Search for the “Network Associates” or all the McAfee products which are already installed on the system.
- After getting it, click on the McAfee product.
- A list of all the McAfee products will appear on the screen.
- You have to add a “Checkmark” on every product of McAfee that you like to uninstall from the system.
- Tap “Remove” button.
- You will receive a warning alert on the screen.
- Again press “Remove” option.
- The removing process will show every program that was uninstalled from your system.
- You will get an option of restarting your system.
- Once you complete the uninstallation process, reboot the system.
- McAfee will be removed from the system after finishing the rebooting process.
Steps for downloading and installing McAfee Everyone uses the Internet on their system, and it might be possible that your system gets infected while opening any malware containing sites, in case you like to keep the data of your system safe, then you should download and install McAfee. Go through the given steps to know how to download and install McAfee.
- Open the official site of McAfee which is www.mcafee.com/activate
- Log in the McAfee account, if you have an account in McAfee.
- In case you don’t have McAfee account, press “Sign in” and enter the details on the given section.
- Click “Log in” option on your screen.
- Choose the “McAfee Product” you like to install.
- Press “Download” option.
- Agree on the terms and conditions of McAfee.
- Tap “Agree” option.
- Remember the identification number that comes on your screen.
Note: You have to keep the page open on your desktop so that the identification number does not get removed.
- Read all the guidelines for installing the McAfee antivirus.
Steps for Activating McAfee McAfee activation is important if you want to use this antivirus. In case you have a McAfee account on mcafee.com/activate, you will get the product key on the registered email address. Go through the steps given below for the activation of McAfee:
- Open the McAfee antivirus.
- Tap on the “Subscription” button.
- Press the “Edit Profile” button.
- Enter the McAfee email ID.
- Write the 25 digits alphanumeric code in the activation column.
- Click the “Next” option.
- You have to make a protected password for your McAfee account.
- Press the “Next” option.
- The activation of McAfee is completed.
Steps for Reinstalling McAfee In case McAfee antivirus is slowing down your system, then you can reinstall the McAfee to solve this problem that you are facing on your system. If you want to reinstall the McAfee antivirus on the system, then go through the given steps:
- Open the McAfee site on the system.
- Click “My Account” button.
- Click “Sign In” button.
- Enter the McAfee email ID and protected the password.
- Press “Login” option.
- Again open “My Account” option.
- Click “Subscription” button.
- Press the “Add Device” button given on the McAfee Subscription page.
- Choose the “Types of Device.”
- Press the “Download” button.
- You have to choose the McAfee product you like to install on the system.
- Again click the “Download” button.
- Agree on the terms and conditions give on the McAfee page.
- Press the “Agree” button.
- You should remember the identification number.
- Click “Download” button.
- Double Click on the McAfee product you want to install.